- Patrons under 18 must have a valid library card and permission to use the MPL Internet workstations.
- A valid library card is one that is not expired, has the correct address and phone number, and has fines and fees below $5.00
- Permission must be given by the minor's parent or other legal guardian for computer access.
- Library cards from other MLC partners will be honored so long as the conditions in 1a are met.
- There is no lower age limit on Internet permission. If a child qualifies for a library card, they can get parental permission.
- Parent or other guardian must be present in the library to apply for a library card or grant permission for computer access. All the usual rules apply regarding acceptable ID, residency requirements, etc. The minor child does not have to be present.
- Minors are restricted to using the lower level computers, and are required to abide by the same rules as all other patrons (see Acceptable Use Policy).
- Minor patrons may not receive guest passes; they must use their Library card for computer access.
- The Internet filters will not be removed for a minor. They will be removed upon request for a parent or guardian who is using the Internet computer along with their minor child.